Friday, August 12, 2011

Funny thing happened......

This morning.....late morning that is.....my phone kept ringing. Seemed to be an out of country number. Thinking one of my relatives in Germany might be the caller, I answered and was assaulted by a very fast avalanche of spanish spoken by a man. I heard the name Rosa Maria several times. Speaking no spanish myself I simply said: "Sorry, you must have the wrong number."  Which had no effect whatsoever on the avalanche.
We played this tag team game twice...then I just let it go to voice mail. Eight (8) times.
Later this afternoon the same number called. With a sigh I answered. A very very nice mature lady informed me that her father was calling my number. He is in his late 80's, has dementia and Alzheimers and was convinced he had dialed his daughters phone. Apparently he did that a few times before the family got an inkling of what he was doing.
The sad part is...his daughter Rosa-Maria died 13 years ago.

Damn...getting old sucks.

1 comment:

  1. a funny and a sad story altogether.. getting old sure sucks.. my granny had Alzhiemers too..

    ReplyDelete