Saturday, January 30, 2010

Big help

Over the past few years I developed a rather jaded view on the world around me. Don't trust anyone. That would have been my mantra and I have to say in 9 out of 10 cases it was very justified. I was mostly angry, didn't laugh as much as I used to, had some trouble sleeping and was generally not a happy camper.
Then my doctor diagnosed a rather severe deficiency in my thyroid and put me on medication. We are still tweaking the dosage around, but I have noticed a drastic change in  my mood and behaviour over the last 8 or 9 months.
I sleep better, I am definitely in a better mood, my hair is shiny, my nails are growing faster, my skin improved....just lots of little things.
I even mellowed out in my taste of music.
I'm still listening to mostly heavy stuff...(Go, Funky Monkey!!!), but I like more mainstream stuff now, too. There is even some emotional improvement.

Hmm... one little pill a day. It is amazing what one tiny little organ and it's hormones can influence in your body. When I asked my doctor the other day if this little pill could be responsible for my mood, she looked at me, and knowing full well, that I also have changed my diet a lot, asked me:" Why? Is the lack of chocolate making you suicidal?"
I had to laugh. She knows me so well.

I still don't trust people. But now I am at least willing to give you the benefit of a doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment